back row - Scott R, Mario, Mike, Dave, Scott G, Jordan, Eric, Josh
front row - Jessica, Corrina, Kristen, Meaghan, Carrie, Rachel
Kelly Bradbury and Stephanie Harper are absent
NEXTNiagara is a panel of the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce, and the voice of the emerging generation in Niagara, with the mission to represent, support and cultivate leadership opportunities through engagement and advocacy. As an initiative led by a panel of emerging generation leaders from across the region, NEXTNiagara is committed to fostering greater youth retention and seeing Niagara grow as a vibrant and prosperous community where the next generation can live, work and STAY.
Our strategic pillars:
- Connect the emerging generation to leadership, learning, community and career opportunities in Niagara
- Foster greater community involvement by mobilizing the emerging generation to be active in the community
- Provide members of the emerging generation with opportunities to build their networks in the community
- Promote issues that impact the emerging generation to relevant government, business and community stakeholders
- Advocate for greater participation of the emerging generation in leadership roles in the community
- Provide the emerging generation with the opportunity to dialogue with leaders in business, government and the community
CONNECT WITH US:
Follow us on Twitter @NEXTNiagara
‘Like’ us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/nextniagara
NEXTNiagara was formed in 2011 with funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation founding partner Niagara Workforce Planning Board. Our Steering Committee included representatives from YMCA of Niagara, the Business Education Council of Niagara, Niagara Region, Brock University, Niagara College, District School Board of Niagara , Niagara Catholic District School Board and Counseil Scolaire Viamonde.
We surveyed over 800 youth with ties to Niagara to get feedback about their perceptions of our region; the meaning of community; thoughts on sustainability, and future opportunities. The findings were presented at the My Future Niagara Summit in October 2011 where over 200 current and future leaders connected in constructive dialogue about the direction of the region, and guided us in developing our strategy.
In 2012, we joined forces with the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce. As a follow up to the Niagara Economic Summit, GNCC released the draft report: Engaging Young Professionals.
Contact us at: NEXTNiagara@gncc.ca
TO TOP OF PAGE